Check out the race recap below!
For the full race report on Pinkbike click here.
Round four of Revolution Enduro travels to Steamboat Springs for the series final, August 18-19. This race is exciting for many reasons. Revolution Enduro was established circa 2012 in Steamboat Springs as the Enduro-X Race. Now re-imagined as Revolution Enduro we are hosting the series finale on home soil where it all started. Day one serves up a new zone with never-raced back-country trails. Day two brings it to Steamboat Bike Park and its USFS system trails with a mix of everything including fresh cut ski run shredding. The last piece of news is that round four is an Enduro World Series qualifier!
#FOLLOWCAMFRIDAY & Course Preview by: Nate Hills
Youth Category – Ages 10-13: will race modified courses. Stage 3 on Day 1, and Stages 6, 7, and 8 on Day 2.
Our lodging partner, Mountain Resorts offers convenient lodging to accommodate large and small bookings.
Check In & Practice / Friday Aug. 17
- Practice: Discounted lift tickets will be available for practice. See park hours here.
- Registration and Racer Check-in: 2-6pm, in the Steamboat ticket office, next to Steamboat Ski & Bike, located in One Steamboat Place plaza.
- Mandatory Racer Meeting: 6pm at Registration located in One Steamboat Place plaza.
- Bike Load : 5:00 – 6:45pm at gondola transit center, near registration, here. Bikes will packed and stored (and locked in UHaul vans for Saturday morning shuttle).
Day One / Saturday August 18
- Late racer Check-in: 6:15-7:15am, at Gondola Transit Center
- Late Bike Load 7:00 – 7:15am, at Gondola Transit Center – for the late racer check in crowd.
- Bus Load 7:15 am – Bus Depart 7:30
- Journey Start 7:15 am at Gondola Transit Center
- Stage 1 Start 9:30am
- After stage 3 transfer to Slopeside Grill –HERE
- The transfer is down Routt County Rd. (Buffalo Pass Rd.), through old town to the core trail along the river.)
- Timing Check-in and Lunch, 12-2:30pm at Slopeside Grill.
Day One detailed stage list:
- Upper Grouse “Grouse is my new favorite trail in Colorado” Nate Hills
- Lower Grouse
Return Transfer Map to Lunch-Timing check-out at Slopeside Grill, click HERE.
We are working with the US Forest Service on a number of new trail projects. They would like you feedback about this trail. To email the Ranger to offer input with regard to design, please click HERE (feel free to share your opinion, constructive comments will be beneficial to formulate design criteria for future trail development)
Day 1 Distance and Elevation:
- 20.2 miles + Return Transfer, 9 miles, that includes a 1400′ descent to town.
- 3200 ft. elevation gain/loss
Day One Course Map:
Day Two / Sunday August 19
- Gondola load 8am.
- Stage 1 Start 8:30am
- Timing Check-in and Lunch 12-2pm at Slopeside Grill.
- Awards 3pm
Day Two detailed stage list:
Stage 4 (Full face helmet required):
- Upper Flying Diamond – Why Not Road 50 feet – Tenderfoot – Rawhide-Tenderfoot-Creekside Connector- Creekside
- Transfer to gondola.
Stage 5 (Full face helmet required):
- Bull Whip – Rawhide
- Transfer to gondola – pedal up Storm Peak Challenge Rd.
- Pete’s Wicked (top to bottom)
- Transfer up Duster Rd. – Sunshine
- Sunshine Trail (Start begins at Cathy’s Cutoff and Sunshine intersection) – fresh cut down Rainbow ski run – Elkhead – Moonlight (finish at waterbars)
- Transfer up Spur Run Rd. – beginning of Valley View trail
- Valley view (finish at Rustler’s and Valley view intersection)
- Transfer to race HQ at base area and dip out.
Day two course map:
Race Registration Fee includes: race t-shirt, lunch for Day 1 and 2, lift ticket on Day 2, Awards, swag, and a good time!
Junior & Youth: $165
Amateur men and women: $165
40+ men and women: $165
50+ masters men: $165
Pro men and women: $175